Do you need a portable travel high chair while on-the-go with your infant, baby or toddler? Look no further. Whether you are on vacation, or simply popping by a friend’s place for lunch, it is nice to know that you will always have somewhere to put your child. The following portable high chairs range from very lightweight and easy to store fabric high chairs, to structured, clip on high chairs that attach to the table. There is even a full sized foldable high chair that is perfect for road trips or camping. Take a peek at our top picks for travel high chairs for 2018 available in Canada and the U.S.A.
Best Portable High Chairs for Travel 2019
- Weighs under 10 ounces (280 grams)
- Suitable from 6 months to 2 years.
- Has a secure 5 point harness.
- Machine washable (60% cotton, 40% polyester).
- High chair is small enough to fit in a diaper bag making it perfect for restaurants.
- Fits most chair styles.
- Padded style makes it more comfy for little ones.
- If the chair you attach it to is low, your baby will sit quite low at the table.
- Learn more and read further reviews for the Baby’s Journey Fabric Travel High Chair here.
2. The Totseat Fabric High Chair for Travel – From $25
- Lightweight – only 9 ounces (255 grams)
- Fits over almost any chair style.
- Washable 100% cotton.
- Suitable for children who can sit up from 6-30 months.
- Comes in a selection of 5 fun prints.
- If the chair is low, baby sits low at the table.
- May not fit some very high backed chairs.
- Learn more and read reviews for the Totseat travel baby chair here.
- Weighs only 2.2 lbs (1kg).
- Age range 3 months – 3 years.
- Seat width 13.4″ (34cm)
- High chair easily hooks on to most table tops.
- Solid aluminum frame.
- Durable wipe clean fabric (also suitable for outdoors).
- Carry bag included.
- This portable high chair folds flat for easy storage.
- Comes in 3 colors.
- Does not fit on tables that are thicker than 2″
- Some users complain that the seat is a bit deep (baby sits too low).
- Learn more and read reviews for the Mountain Buggy Pod clip on baby chair here.
- Weighs 5.2 lbs.
- Suitable from 6 months to 37lbs (approximately 36 months)
- Tubular structure in painted steel.
- Universal twist-tight couplings adaptable to most types of tables.
- Fold-flat closing system for minimum hassle at the end of use.
- Lifted backrest and firm seat for the greater comfort of baby.
- From a quality perspective, one of the best hook on highchairs available.
- Does not fit a table with large lip.
- There can be a gap between the child and the tray where food can fall on their lap (although you can use without the tray).
- Learn more and read reviews for the Inglesina clip on baby high chair here.
- Weighs 8lbs (3.6 kg).
- Suitable from 6 months – 3 years.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use (perfect for road trips, camping and picnics).
- Easy to wipe clean fabric.
- This folding portable high chair comes with a carry bag.
- Great option for those needing a travel high chair with tray.
- A consistent top seller in the portable high chair category.
- Some purchasers complain that the leg holes are a bit small, and that the tray tilts towards the child when they are in the chair.
- Learn more and read further reviews for the Ciao Portable High Chair here.
6. Summer Infant Folding Travel High Chair – From $50
- Weighs only 7.8 lbs.
- Age range 6 months – 3 years (or maximum 45lbs)
- Lightweight, folding frame sets up in seconds.
- Hard plastic tray provides a clean place for eating.
- Machine washable fabric removes for easy cleanup.
- Rear storage pocket and storage bag for travel.
- 3-point safety harness.
- Leg holes are tights for some babies and toddlers.
- Learn more and read reviews for this foldable, portable high chair here.
- Weighs only 3.2 ounces (90g).
- Age range 6 months – 3 years.
- Machine washable.
- Fits over most chairs, including high back chairs.
- 3-in-1 style works a high chair, walking harness and shopping cart harness.
- Comes in 2 colors
- One of the cheapest travel high chairs on the market (great value ! ).
- If chair is low, child sits low at the table.
- Not a 5 point harness, so child can lunge forward.
- Learn more and read reviews for the harness / portable travel high chair here.
Travel with Baby – Other Helpful Items
Depending on what kind of travel high chair seat you choose, here are a few other items that you may find helpful.
1.The Silcone Placemat
I loved this item when we were at restaurants with our baby and had a high chair without a tray. The placemat sticks to the table and the lip catches a lot of food that doesn’t make it into your child’s mouth. The placemat also rolls up for easy storage in a diaper bag.
Note: It does not stick to wooden tables. The surface must be smooth.
2. Suction Baby Bowls
It’s a little stressful when your baby flings their food across a friend’s kitchen or a restaurant dining room. These table top suction bowls are a great solution.
Note: These also will not stick to a wooden table, but they will stick to a smooth plastic placemat (which is harder, but not impossible to fling across a room).
3. Silicone Bib
Let’s face it, they are not pretty, but they work. Alternatively, I sometimes also liked to carry a paper bib in my bag that I could just throw away (I mean “recycle”) after use. It was my guilty pleasure when I was running on little-to-no sleep.
You May Also Enjoy the Following Posts: