Please see updated post on this item here.
I am updating this post on the Trunk / Safety 1st Boostapak since we just used it for another trip and it is still one of my favorite products. If you have never seen it, this ingenious device is a toddler booster seat that turns into a backpack ! We originally purchased it at Heathrow airport before it was available in North America (after seeing a friend with it). My daughter fell in love with it immediately and even agreed to demo it (see video at bottom).
features of the Safety1st Boostapak
- 4.5 / 5 stars by reviewers on amazon.com
- It has a unique, fold-out seat belt guide and collapsible armrests that allow seat to convert from Belt-Positioning Booster to a backpack with spacious capacity.
- It features a durable plastic shell, high visibility reflective trim and ID tag.
- Removable cover for easy spot cleaning.
- For children 40 to 80 lbs. or 43″ to 57″.
- Booster weighs 3.4 lbs.
- Measures 14″ x 12″ x 18.28″.
- One-year warranty.
- available on amazon.com for $57.99 (with free shipping)
notes: I have very little negative to say about this backpack except that it can get a little heavy if you pack it full of books. It is much easier for a child to carry if they pack it with a few activities and some lighter things such as a stuffy, blanket or neck pillow.
you may also enjoy the following posts: