Wireless Kids Headphones – Kids Bluetooth Headphones
Are you looking for the best wireless headphones for kids? So was I. After years of having my kids use regular kids headphones (wired), we bought a new vehicle and wanted the convenience of Bluetooth headphones for our kids. We specifically wanted children’s wireless headphones because we wanted headsets that would fit their little noggins properly, not fall off like adult ones. The natural go-to brand for us was Lil’Gadgets because we were already in love with their very well made wired kids headphones. We soon discovered, however, that there were a number of good children’s bluetooth headphones on the market. Following are our top picks for the best wireless headphones for kids (including volume limited kids headphones).
Kids Headphones – Things to Know Before You Buy
- Kids headphones have smaller headbands and smaller ear cups to fit a child’s head better.
- While many of the following kids headphone models will fit a toddler, most are designed for children from 4 years and up. The reason for this is that there are very strict rules around products for use with babies and toddlers (choking hazards etc.).
- Kids headphones are often volume limited to 85db to protect a child from hearing loss over the long term (the range for adult headphones is generally 108-118 db). An upper limit of 85db is fine for most settings, but this limitation can make it difficult for children to hear through the headphones on airplanes where there is a lot of background noise. For airplanes I like Kidz Gear Wired Headphones because they have a removable volume limiting cable (80db max with/ 108 max without). Otherwise, if you definitely want volume limited kids wireless headphones for an airplane, I would look at the LilGadgets Untangled Pro model, with a slightly higher limit of 97decibels, or the Sonixx children’s Bluetooth headphones without volume limiting (but take care please). If you would like to know more about upper volume limit recommendations for headphones, here is a link to hearing protection standards/regulation set by the U.S. Occupational Healty & Safety Administration.
We are all busy people. I have detailed what I consider to be the top headphones for kids below, but if you want the condensed version, I have created this handy comparison chart.
Comparison Chart – Kids Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
$ = Less than $30 $$ = $30 – $50 $$$ = $51 = $100
|Lil Gadgets Untangled Pro||4-14||97db||Yes||12||$$||4.7|
|Puro Sound Labs||6-16||85db||No||18||$$$||4.9|
Reviews for the Best Wireless Headphones for Kids
1. LilGadgets Untangled Pro Kids Wireless Headphones – From $49.95
- Suitable for children 4 years and up.
- Compatible with nearly all Bluetooth devices.
- 4.5 / 5 star rating by reviewers on Amazon.com.
- SharePort: No need for splitters! The Untangled Pro pairs to the device and another headphone plugs directly into the Untangled Pro to share audio!
- Volume Limited with Quality Audio and Battery Life: The max volume is set at 93db* with 40mm drivers, with 12 hour battery life and 180 hour standby.
- For the Kids: A portion of each purchase goes towards bullying prevention in schools and minimizing the environmental impact of your purchase.
- Ear pads and headbands are covered with breathable mesh material for comfort and are designed to ensure that the ear pads won’t fall off.
- Includes a USB charging cable and a 3.5mm cable just in case your child outlasts the battery.
- Comes with a micro-fiber travel bag to make transporting easy (you can also use it to clean your screens).
- Comes with a 100% LilGadgets Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Offered in 6 fun colors (pink, green, blue, purple, white and black)
Read reviews and learn more about the Lil’Gadgets Bluetooth kids headphones here
2. Puro Sound Labs Volume Limited Kids’ Bluetooth Headphones – $99.99
- For ages 6+
- Volume limited to 85db for safe listening.
- 40 mm custom dynamic drivers for excellent sound.
- Up to 18 hours of battery life and 200 hours of standby time.
- Durable lightweight aluminum construction.
- Soft and supple ear cushion design provides amazing comfort while also attenuating 82% of sound at 1 KHz.
- Come in black, white, blue and purple.
- Pricey (but good quality)
- Ears can get a little warm under the ear cushions.
Read reviews and learn more about the Puro Sound Labs wireless kids headphones here
3. JLab JBuddies Over Ear Children’s Bluetooth Headphones – From $29.99
- 85db volume regulator for kids
- Suitable for kids 6-16 years
- 40mm Drivers – Frequency: 20Hz-20kHz
- 13 hours of Bluetooth® battery life
- Memory foam cushioned, stainless steel headband.
- Compact folding design
- Universal mic with track control
- Come in purple and blue
- One-year limited warranty / 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
- While these are sensibly volume limited to 85db (the recommendation for children’s headphones), they may not be suitable for airplanes as the there is more ambient noise, making it difficult to hear.
Read reviews and learn more about the Jlab Jbuddies over the ear wireless headphones here.
4. Sonixx Kids Bluetooth Headphones – From $24
- Kids can listen anytime in both a wired and wireless capacity
- Suitable for children 6 and up.
- Inline microphone easily picks up your kids’ voice, and inline controls allow them to answer the phone when they’re on-the-go.
- Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android phones, tablets, PCs, portable gaming systems, and any device with a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Wireless Bluetooth connectivity – detach the audio cable and connect to any Bluetooth-enabled device.
- Strong but lightweight design with soft and comfortable ear pads.
- Come in blue, green, pink and purple
- These headphones are not volume limited (a top level of 85db is recommended for children).
Read reviews and learn more about the Sonixx kids wireless earphones here.
5. Kidrox Bluetooth Volume Limited Kids Ear Phones – From $22
- Made of safe, soft, bendable, BPA Free non-toxic EVA foam.
- Made for children 3 years old and up. (Recommended for kids 3-9)
- Sound limited to 85 db. max (Safe for children).
- Comes with extension pad for smaller heads. When Children grow, remove the extension pad.
- Flexible Use – Bluetooth enabled. If the battery is drained on a long commute, simply plug into AUX port with included cable and use wired.
- Compatibility – Work with iPad, iPod, iPhone, tablets, android devices, etc.
- Works with all Bluetooth enabled devices
- Come in green, blue, pink and purple.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – Kidrox Children’s Wireless Headphones come with 1 Year Hassle-Free Warranty
- Primarily suited for young children. There have been complaints that they fit very small (more suitable for 3-5 years olds than the recommended 3-9 year range).
Read reviews and learn more about the Kidrox toddler wireless headphones here.
You May Also Enjoy the Following Posts: