Last update: September 8th, 2022 at 09:29 am
Wondering where to stay in Lima, Peru? Whether you are looking for a boutique hotel in one of Lima’s charming, artsy neighborhoods, or just need to find the best option for a Lima airport hotel, we have you covered. In this post you will find an overview of the most beautiful boutique luxury hotels in Lima, Peru.
Where to Stay in Lima, Peru
Looking for the best place to stay in Lima, Peru? For those lucky enough to spend a few days in this vibrant city, most prefer the lovely neighborhoods of MIraflores or Barranco. These are two of the prettiest and most fashionable districts in Lima and can easily be explored in one visit, as they happen to be side by side. Naturally, some of the best hotels in Lima, Peru are also located in these two trendy neighborhoods.
I have also included in this post my pick of the best hotels near Lima airport, as many people tend to only have a brief stopover in Lima on their way to other fabulous destinations in Peru such as Machu Picchu.
The Barranco District:
This romantic, bohemian area is one of the best neighborhoods in Lima, full of museums, galleries and some of Lima’s best boutique hotels. Once a trendy beach resort for wealthy Limeños, the area is full of beautifully restored mansions. Barranco’s beaches are also a huge draw in the summer, with excellent surfing and a top marina.
The Miraflores District:
Visiting Miraflores is considered one of the top things to do in Lima — so why not stay there as well? The neighborhood is full of excellent restaurants, cafés, and chic boutiques. Top attractions in this area include Huaca Pucllana (an ancient pyramid), the lively Kennedy Park and Plaza, El Malecón de Miraflores (the cliffside boardwalk), Larcomar luxury mall, and for the brave, paragliding from a clifftop above the Pacific Ocean.
The Best Boutique Luxury Hotels in Lima, Peru
For those discerning travelers looking to stay in only the best boutique hotels and luxury hotels in Peru, Lima has several really special properties. The best hotels in Lima tend to be found in the neighboring districts of Barranco and Miraflores. Either district makes for a nice place to base yourself during a Lima vacation. Following are our top picks.
1. Hotel B Lima – Boutique Hotel Lima
As one of the top hotels in Lima, Peru, the lovely Hotel B Art Hotel is worthy of the brilliant praise it receives from guests. Like many of the hotels in Barranco, Lima, the Hotel B is housed in a beautifully restored Belle Époque mansion. A haven for art lovers, this property is filled with its own unique art collection and is linked directly to the Lucia de la Puente Art Gallery.
Top things to love about Hotel B Lima, Peru:
- Gorgeous art-adorned rooms with the feel of a gorgeous private home.
- A beautiful rooftop terrace.
- A sumptuous complimentary afternoon tea.
- Complimentary buffet and à la carte breakfast in the atrium.
- An excellent on-site restaurant with sublime cocktails.
- Special access to adjacent art gallery.
Note: For people visiting Lima with kids that are looking for that boutique hotel experience, the Hotel B is a great choice. We loved it as our base to explore Lima as a family. Note: Rooms 228 and 229 can become a locked off family suite.
Read current reviews for the Hotel B Lima here.
See also, Hotel B Lima rates and availability on:Booking.com.
Want to see more? Take a peek at this 1 minute Hotel B video.
2. Ātemporal Hotel Miraflores – Luxury Boutique Hotel Lima, Peru
When only the best hotels in Miraflores, Lima meet your criteria, one should definitely consider the gorgeous Atemporal. This stunning Hotelito was in fact recently named as one of the Best New Hotels in the World on the Conde Nast Traveler – Hot List. This restored and revamped 40s mansion is perfectly located in the heart of the chic Miraflores district with amazing restaurants, must-see museums and great shopping at your disposal. Not just a beautiful place to rest your head, this special Lima boutique hotel is also renowned for its excellence in service. Boutique hotel lovers and discerning travelers may be interested to know that this property comes from the same award-winning design team behind Titilaka, the gorgeous boutique lodge on the shores of Lake Titicaca.
Top Things to Love about Atemporal Hotel Miraflores:
- Complimentary welcome drink and evening cocktails.
- Top-tier concierge service – including exclusive behind-the-scenes access to Lima’s contemporary creative scene.
- House car (MINI) and chauffeur for Miraflores outings (first come, first serve, 7am-9pm).
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in the hotel and mobile phone hotspot and 4G connection throughout city.
- House bicycles.
- Premium coffees and teas available in the library.
- Twice daily room-housekeeping and turndown service.
- Shoe-shining service.
Read current reviews for Hotelito Atemporal here.
See also, Atemporal Lima current rates and availability.
3. Villa Barranco – Boutique Hotel Lima
Villa Barranco is located in a charming republican house built in the 1920’s, has been restored with much care and details to provide the personal home-style service offered by the Ananay Hotels collection. Barranco, cultural and artistic district, traditional architecture with bohemian vibes known as the best area for boutique hotels in Lima.
Top things to love about Villa Barranco, Lima:
- Beautiful rooftop terrace with sea views.
- Complimentary breakfast.
- Excellent location in the heart of Barranco.
- House bicycles.
Read current reviews for Villa Barranco Lima Boutique Hotel here.
See also, Villa Barranco current rates and availability.
4. Belmond Miraflores – Top of the Luxury Hotels in Miraflores, Peru
Of the 5 star hotels in Lima, Peru with full amenities (such as a gorgeous rooftop pool), the Belmond Miraflores Park is a top pick. Discerning guests describe it as a large luxury Miraflores hotel that has managed to retain that customer-focused boutique hotel feel. This beautiful luxury property gets top marks out of hotels in Miraflores, Lima for its excellence in service. The incredible ocean view from the rooftop patio doesn’t hurt either.
Top things to love about the Belmond Miraflores Hotel:
- Heated rooftop swimming pool.
- Fitness center.
- Club floor room option with complimentary Executive Lounge access.
- Gorgeous on-site spa.
- Complimentary afternoon tea in the lobby.
- Beautiful 11th floor restaurant (The Observatory), with Pacific Ocean views.
- Family friendly packages including dining discounts for children under 12, a welcome gift and more.
- One of the top rated 5 star hotels in Peru.
Read current reviews for the Belmond Miraflores Park here.
See also, Belmond Miraflores Park current rates and availability.
5. Costa del Sol – The Best Lima, Peru Airport Hotel
As many international flights arrive and depart from Lima airport in the wee hours of the morning, you may find yourself searching for hotels close to Lima airport. The area around the Lima airport is a little lackluster in terms of sightseeing, so my advice if you just have a short layover (and don’t have time to explore the prettier parts of Lima), is to make your life simple and book into Wyndham Costa del Sol Lima, Airport Hotel Lima.
Of the hotels near Lima, Peru airport, the Wyndham Costa del Sol is the only airport hotel at Lima airport. The hotel is literally right outside the door. No tram or taxi needed — just walk across the connecting airport walkway and you are there. This is especially nice because Lima airport has a bit of an overwhelming taxi experience that is sometimes referred to as a taxi mafia.
The Costa del Sol Airport Hotel Lima is often booked solid, so I encourage you to make your reservations on this one early. The reviews on this property are generally just okay when you compare it to other Lima luxury hotels, but is the best bet when it comes to hotels close to Lima airport — and you certainly cannot beat the location.
Things to love about the Costa del Sol Hotel at Lima Airport:
- Free wifi.
- Complimentary breakfast buffet.
- Complimentary welcome drink.
- Indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.
- Adjoining rooms for families.
- Of the Lima hotels near airport facilities, it is the only one with direct airport access.
Read current reviews for the Wyndham Costa del Sol Lima Airport Hotel here.
See also, Costa del Sol Lima Airport Hotel current rates and availability.
Vacation Rental Lima, Peru – Airbnb Lima, Peru
If you are planning a longer stay in Lima, you may want to look at a Lima vacation rental apartment. Lima Airbnb and VRBO both have some gorgeous Miraflores vacation rentals and Barranco vacation rental apartments.
Is Lima Safe?
Quite frequently, I am asked this question about a city we have visited. Certainly, when it comes to large Latin American cities like Lima, safety can, and should be, a concern. Before we visited, we made sure that we were aware of any specific safety issues by checking several government websites. Personally, I like to check the U.S. Department of State website (under Traveler Alerts and Warnings) as well as Foreign Travel Advice on GOV.UK .
While in Lima, we took a few precautions such as pre-booking our cab from the airport to our hotel (through the hotel front desk). We also hired a car and driver for one full day of Lima sightseeing (also can usually be done through your hotel). As a rule, we don’t wander around after dark in large Latin American cities (especially tipsy from several piscos).
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Should you decided to book a room after clicking on one of these links, I will receive a small commission to help run this site. No extra costs will be incurred by you. We were kindly offered a complimentary stay at the Hotel B, Lima. All opinions are entirely my own. I would always like to encourage you, however, to take the time to read reviews from other travelers prior to making a booking on review sites such as Tripadvisor.
You May Also Enjoy the Following Posts:
- A Journey to the Peruvian Amazon – The Best Peru Amazon Lodges
- Lima for Kids – Top 10 Things to Do
- Machu Picchu with Kids – Peru Family Vacation
- A Guide to Visiting Cusco and The Sacred Valley – Peru
- Titilaka Hotel – One of the Best Hotels in Peru – Lake Titicaca
- How to Visit the Galapagos Islands – Land Based Travel or a Cruise
- Galapagos Family Cruise – The Galapagos with Kids
- Ecuador with Kids – A Guide to Quito with Kids
- Luxury Ecuador Hacienda – Hacienda Zuleta in the Ecuadorian Highlands
- Luxury Ecuador Eco Lodge – Mashi Lodge in the Cloud Forest
Lima has an amazing cultural heritage and very beautiful hotels. The San Isidro district, with its El Olivar Park, art galleries and chic hotels, is also worth visiting.
Great suggestion. Thank you Augusto !